Enjoy a leisurely cruise along the Perfume River & explore the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Hue City, the ancient world of the 13 kings of the Nguyen Dynasty. Visit the 19th-century Citadel, explore ancient palaces and shrines including a traditional lunch.
- Step back in time while exploring the UNESCO World-Heritage Listed Hue Citadel
- Take delight in a traditional Vietnamese lunch
- Enjoy a scenic cruise along the enchanting Perfume River
- See the Thien Mu Pagoda, the tallest in Vietnam
World famous as the most royal city in Vietnam, Hue is definitely a sight to behold with it's ancient palaces, a complex of monuments, tombs and ornate pagodas.
After being picked up from your hotel, begin your full-day excursion with a visit to Thien Mu Pagoda - hop aboard a boat for a relaxing morning cruise along the lovely Perfume River. Experience the enchantment of the meandering river as you enjoy the scenes of daily life along the way.
You'll then disembark for a brief visit to the Thien Mu Pagoda, the tallest pagoda in Vietnam and is considered by many as the unofficial symbol of Hue. See one of its most poignant display, a car belonging to a former monk, who in 1963, drove to Sai Gon and set himself alight to protest against the South Vietnamese regime and its cruel treatment of Buddhist monks and followers. Then, come back to the Boat Station for a visit to Hue Citadel. Explore royal palaces and shrines at the Imperial City and see the emperor's private residence at the Forbidden City. Walking through the palace grounds just as the royals did, learn more about the Nguyen Emperors who ruled the former capital of the city from you informative guide.
After a delicious lunch of Vietnamese dishes, continue to see the Tu Duc & Khai Dinh tomb. Despite being the smallest, Khai Dinh tomb is a majestic synthesis of Vietnamese and European elements and considered the most costly among others.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off at selected hotels in Hue.
- English-speaking guide
- Land transfer by air-conditioned vehicle
- Admission fee & Boat trip
- Personal expenses
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- Exact pick-up time to be advised upon reconfirmation.
- Pick-up is available for clients staying at selected hotels as meeting point only: Duy Tan, Midtown, Eldora and La Residence. Clients staying at the others must proceed to the meeting point.
- To select your travel date, you are advised to choose at least 03 days prior to start date of activity.
- The regular tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. You will be informed at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, guests may request another tour, a different travel date or a refund.
- Free cancellation: 3 days or more prior to start date of activity.
- 100% Cancellation Fee (no reimbursement): less than 3 days prior to date of activity.