Be enchanted by the tranquility and the natural, pristine beauty of Halong Bay. Cruise amongst the lime karsts that tower above the way and explore a cave while sharing a seafood feast.
- Hop aboard a private ship junk and set sail through turquoise waters dotted with over 3,000 limestone islands
- Explore grottos or caves in floating islands
- Visit a fishing village and learn more about the local culture and customs of the local inhabitants
- Enjoy a seafood lunch aboard a boat
Experience the rapturous beauty of this world heritage-listed site on this Halong Bay tour. After a drive through the rural villages of northern Vietnam we arrive at the bay and board a private junk. Set sail through turquoise waters dotted with over 3,000 magnificent limestone islands. Explore the many karsts and enjoy a seafood buffet while taking in the bay's mystical scenery.
Our Halong Bay tour begins with a 3-and-a-half hour drive from the hectic pace of life in Vietnam's capital city, Hanoi, to the tranquil and beautiful Halong Bay. En route we take a stop at the Hong Ngoc Humanity Center, which was developed to provide support to communities in the area including people's with disabilities. The products made at the center are available for us to purchase and take home as a memento of our visit to Vietnam.
Upon arrival in Halong City we board our private boat for a cruise in Halong Bay, famous for its lime karsts jutting out of the green waters which create a spectacular vista as nearly 2000 islands that fill the bay. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1994, Halong Bay means "Bay of the Descending Dragon" and legend has it that a long time ago, when the Vietnamese were fighting off foreign invaders, the gods sent a family of dragons to assist in their fight. During the battle the dragons spat out jewels that would later become the islands that are now scattered around the bay, and is a favorite for visitors who travel to Hanoi.
Also, our Halong Bay cruise takes us to explore some of the grottos or caves that have formed in many of those floating islands. Also, we drop by in a fishing village where we'll learn more about the local culture and customs of the local inhabitants. Provided that the weather is warm enough, there is a chance to stop and swim in the emerald waters, and for those of us not wanting to swim, we can relax on board our private boat and soak up in the whole atmosphere. We also have a chance to enjoy a seafood lunch on the boat. What a way to spend the day!
Finally, we return to Hanoi by road late in the afternoon, a time where you'll have a chance to reflect on one the most spectacular Halong Bay Tours you will do.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off at selected hotels in Hanoi
- English-speaking guide
- Land transfer by air-conditioned vehicle
- Admission fee
- Seafood Lunch
- Junk Cruise
- Personal expenses
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- Exact pick-up time to be advised upon reconfirmation.
- Pick-up is available for clients staying at selected hotels as meeting point only: Nam Ngu, Muong Thanh, May De Ville, Chancedony, and Hilton Hanoi Opera. Clients staying at the others must proceed to the meeting point.
- To select your travel date, you are advised to choose at least 03 days prior to start date of activity.
- Swimming will not be permitted in accordance with the new regulations introduced by the local authority concerning the section of Halong Bay that we shall visit.
- Tour takes approximately 11 to 12 hours.
- The regular tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. You will be informed at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, guests may request another tour, a different travel date or a refund.
- Free cancellation: 3 days or more prior to start date of activity.
- 100% Cancellation Fee (no reimbursement): less than 3 days prior to date of activity.